The Fight Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

5 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club - Page 11 Empty The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

Post by Tyler Durden Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lolfirstposthurr.

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Duchampian Dadaist Philosophy Revivalist Trained in Post-Modern Antimetanarrative Thought
Duchampian Dadaist Philosophy Revivalist Trained in Post-Modern Antimetanarrative Thought

https://paper-street.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club - Page 11 Empty Re: The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

Post by Tyler Durden Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:52 pm

IC: Em

Em couldn't hide her happiness.

"Seriously?" she asked, a smile stretched across her face.

Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club - Page 11 Empty Re: The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

Post by Jetstream Sam Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:13 pm

IC: "Yep!" Jolek said, flashing her a grin of his own.

"In all my years of knowing him, he's never once been in a more-than-platonic relationship. Of course, not that he'd have to work at it that much..." he said, with a reserved chuckle.

"Between him and Mag, I think they've captured the hearts of most of the female student body. I can see why some of us less attractive gentlemen might want to start fights, I guess."

"Mag says he's fine," Claire said, jogging over to the group.

"I'm not so sure." she added, with a small grimace.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:11 pm

IC: "What do you mean?" Shiarra said, both weakly and urgently. "What is with him?"
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Nerevarine, Incarnate And Hortator; Lord Indoril Nerevar Reborn, Protector of Morrowind
Nerevarine, Incarnate And Hortator; Lord Indoril Nerevar Reborn, Protector of Morrowind

Location : Indarys Manor, Bal Isra, Vvardenfell District, Morrowind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:18 pm

IC: "Well, there's the fact that I found him on the bench asleep..." She began.

"Knew it. The guy probably stayed up playing Morrowind or something." Jolek said with a grin.

"Well yeah, but he seemed to be pretty stressed out once he woke up... I dunno, but it looks like something might be bothering him."
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:21 pm

IC: Shiarra gulped, for no particular reason at all, and stood up. "I'm going to see what's with him," she announced rather unceremoniously. It seemed, as she went off, by some detail in her behavior, that she intended for them to come along.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:59 pm

IC: Jolek, whether he picked up the slight cues in body language or not, trailed after the she elf, easily keeping pace.

"You think this may have somethin' to do with... y'know?" he whispered under his breath.

"To do with what?" Claire asked, having heard despite his relative silence compared to the rest of the gym.

Uncharacteristically, she saw the boy wince, as if he wasn't exactly comfortable with sharing... whatever it was he was talking about.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:09 pm

IC: So many years.

So many, so many goddamn years since his father died.

Maglod wiped a bit of sweat off his forehead. And panted. How many more times must he see his father in his dreams? Alive, talking to him... talking in Maenhish, the language of Maglod's elven mother and her relatives, of all languages. Talking in Maenhish, which his father never learned.

What did this mean?

Oh, Maglod knew what it meant. It meant he was starting to believe old wives' tales about dreams being prophetic.

That was when Shiarra came, to interrupt his mental musing on the bench.

"Maglod? Is everything alright?" she said, sitting down, taking his hand.
He took it away.

"Yes." he said in an emotionless voice and turned his head way from her. "Everything's fine."
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:22 pm

IC: Jolek's eyebrows narrowed.

"Bullshit." he said in an accusatory tone.

Claire opened her mouth to chastise the boy beside her, then stopped. Jolek was clearly old friends with the half-elven. It was almost garunteed that he knew him far, far better than she did.

"Look, something's bothering you, we can all see that. So tell us." he said gently, yet firmly.

His shoulders sagged slightly, as his voice dropped to barely more than a mumble.

"Lemme guess," he said, in a sad tone. "This is about... what happened thirteen years ago, isn't it?"

Claire blinked, befuddled. Was he intentionally being vague and keeping her out of the loop? In that case, it must have been something very personal to Maglod...

She blanched slightly as she fully realized the implications.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm

IC: "It's just a goddamn dream," Maglod spat. "Just... dreamt of my father. Exactly thirteen years ago, we got a message saying he died..."

He stayed silent for a while.
Shiarra took his hand again. The half-elf didn't waste any time in brushing it away again.

"It doesn't matter!" he shrieked, more to her than anyone, except, possibly, himself. "It's just a dream. Just a nightmare. It. doesn't. matter."

Last edited by Dov Landau on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm

IC: Dorian

Dorian walked over, almost as if summoned.

"What's going on-? Oh." He said, looking at Mag's face.

"Shit," he whispered. "I'd almost forgotten..."

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:35 pm

IC: Jolek's eyes widened and he took a step back at the outburst.

He raised his arms in a pacifying gesture.

"Dude, calm down. We aren't implying anything about it. Just take a breather. Listen, if he need to work something outta your system, I'll be more 'n' happy to spar you." he said.

Claire just stood there, numbly absorbing all the information.

OOC: I assume this'll kick off the first arc?
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:38 pm

OOC: crap knows, I'm just going with whatever comes up.

I surely won't go the cliche so much as to make Maglod's dreams prophetic.

At its best they'll point to something Maglod already knows but has forgotten.

IC: Maglod followed the advice of his friend.

He took a breather.

"Thanks," he gulped out a few seconds later. "And... sorry. I yelled and all."
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 pm

IC: "Hey, it's fine. We all get stressed out sometimes. I know it's been rough on you, growin' up without a dad." he said, with an easy smile.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:56 pm

"No prob, bro. We know you didn't mean any-"

He stopped, staring, watching emptiness envelop him and fold into the shape of a different landscape entirely.

He was watching the school burn. His vision seemed to zoom in like a camera lens, refocusing as he went through the school doors and saw-

What the hell?

He watched Jolek, Mag, and himself running down a hallway. Suddenly, as he turned, something, he had no clue what, burst through a hallway. Jolek and Mag began to run towards the nearest exit, and the Dorian in front of him drew his pistol, began firing at it, and even as it grabbed his throat and started squeezing, he continued firing. As he began to black out-

He found himself in the gym, falling to his knees and his hands in his copper hair.

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:59 pm

IC: "DORIAN!" Jolek yelled, quickly crouching and shaking the other boy by the shoulders.

"What's going on, man, talk to me!" he yelled, in an urgent voice.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:01 pm

IC: Em

"Holy shit. What happened?" she said, running towards him.

Dorian gasped silently for air, feeling the pain of death slowly begin to release its tendrils around him.

"Dead...everyone's dead...the school...it was fucking burning..."

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:03 pm

IC: "What are you talking about, man? Shiarra, come take a look at him. Is he delusional? Hallucinating?"

Shiarra, however, couldn't say what was wrong with Dorian. "He isn't hallucinating, he just looks like it," she said, "I don't know what's happening."
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:05 pm

IC: "The hell? Am I the only one not being mind-raped right now?" Jolek asked.

"I'm fine, but I'm not too sure about this..." Claire said, trailing off thoughtfully.

Jolek soon came to the same trail of thought as her.

"You're right. He's got psychic powers, now, so..."

"...That vision might not just be a nightmare." Claire agreed, with a grim nod.

"Okay," Jolek said, meeting Dorian's eyes. "What exactly did you see?"
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Dorian sighed violently, his hands shaking. His eyes portrayed a deep fear, mixed with surprise, as if he'd never actually felt fear before.

Come to think of it, he really hadn't.

"The school was burning, damn near destroyed, like a nuke had hit it. Inside the main building, the three of us, Mag, Jolek and I, were all trying to get through the exits, even though a lot of them were blocked off by rubble. One of the side exits was open, though, but some kind of robot - mini fucking Transformer, there's no other way to describe it - burst through the wall, guns blazing. You two took off for the exits, and I started just firing the Choi like mad. I was getting crushed, and then-"

He gestured to the gym around him, his light tan features pale.

"Here."

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:30 pm

IC: "That's... odd." Jolek said, a contemplative expression on his face.

"Well, considering Dorian's recent awakening of psychic powers..." Claire mumbled, fairly lost in thought.

"I think we'll have to keep our guards up. This could mean something." Jolek said, rising.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:33 pm

IC: "Oh come on," muttered Maglod so quietly none but Shiarra heard. And none but Shiarra noticed him get up and move towards the window behind their group. She observed as he observed the morning rain outside.

He doesn't believe it... well, obviously. But I have a terrifying fear Claire and Jolek are actually correct. We might need to keep our guard up.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:34 pm

"What?" he said, calling after Mag. "You really don't think it could happen?"

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:38 pm

IC: "No, I don't," Maglod replied, as gently as he could, not wanting another argument after his yelling. "Look, all I'm saying is, we don't know how those psychic powers work. You could be seeing a scenario of a future that might not happen. Or a vision that will not happen whatsoever. We don't know anything about this."
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:40 pm

IC: "It's improbable," Jolek conceded, "But not altogether impossible. The military has been putting quite a bit of research into autonomous soldiers, from what I've heard. don't why they'd attack a school, but..." Jolek trailed off, thinking.

"In any case, in light of Dorian's new capabilities, I don't think we should completely write this off."
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:43 pm

"It's going to happen," Dorian said, shakily. "I saw everyone. There was the teachers, Av, Big Ass, Enrico..."

Wait, what? Oh, shit...

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next