The Fight Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

5 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club - Page 12 Empty The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

Post by Tyler Durden Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lolfirstposthurr.

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Duchampian Dadaist Philosophy Revivalist Trained in Post-Modern Antimetanarrative Thought
Duchampian Dadaist Philosophy Revivalist Trained in Post-Modern Antimetanarrative Thought

https://paper-street.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club - Page 12 Empty Re: The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:49 pm

IC: Jolek said nothing, only nodding grimly.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club - Page 12 Empty Re: The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:50 pm

IC: Dorian

"I have to get to Enrico," Dorian said, "and keep him the fuck away from this school. I'll be back later."

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:01 pm

IC: Maglod didn't say anything. His expression remained unchanged, emotionless, somewhat steely as he continued looking outside the window. Shiarra moved up towards him, nudged him and spoke to him in a low voice, so no one but he would hear. "Are you sure on what you're doing? That's the voice of reason talking, in a great many voices. Some of them in your head, some are ours," she pointed first to his forehead, and then back over her shoulder. "And mine," she moved slightly closer, and to her surprise discovered Maglod did not bother moving away.

His expression remained unchanged, however. In fact, it became even more steely.

"And is my voice not of reason?"

"Of course it is. I just want to know that what you say is also what you think. Unbiased, because you had a nightmare and don't want to accept the possibility of prophetic dreams and visions."

Maglod turned at her and spoke, in Maenhish, his face cold and steely. "Aenmeigh hennain melath, neantrill anlath, ilmil melath ennin te."

"Is that what you think, or what you have taught yourself to remain safe from the world?" she asked, her voice becoming just as laced with metal. "I think differently. My motto is, "Cenneth cair annan, n'teilmil.""

He smiled, a sad, or rather, brutal smile. The smile of a warrior so tortured in battle that he felt no little enjoyment finally taking down the enemy army's general. "I'd rather remain safe closed within myself than remain unsafe closed within myself," he said with a hiss, his words resounding cruelly in Shiarra's mind as Maglod turned back to his window. Her face blank and not showing any signs of hurt, but inside virtually crying, she returned to the bench.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Nerevarine, Incarnate And Hortator; Lord Indoril Nerevar Reborn, Protector of Morrowind
Nerevarine, Incarnate And Hortator; Lord Indoril Nerevar Reborn, Protector of Morrowind

Location : Indarys Manor, Bal Isra, Vvardenfell District, Morrowind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:18 pm

IC: The altercation was not lost on Jolek.

He couldn't understand some of the words, but the tone was all too clear.

Fighting to maintain composure and not glare daggers into the back of Maglod's head, he walked over to the she elf, standing before her.

His eyes told her everything.

What the hell was all that about?
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:56 am

IC: Shiarra just sat there, ignoring Jolek's movement, and Jolek's expression, altogether. With a steeled-up face.

"... I'm going to get a drink," she said, starting down in the direction of the cafeteria.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:16 am

Dorian was almost out the door before Enrico burst through the door carrying a....submachine gun.

What the fuck?

"Doriano! What the HELL are you doing?"

"I came to find you. I saw-"

"I know."

"And I can-"

"Read minds. I know."

Double what the fuck?

"Where would people go if they look for you?"

"My dorm..."

"Then we're headed to Casa Shaddix. Follow me. Everyone."

He began walking out the door.

"And keep your fucking weapons drawn," he barked over his shoulder, and for the first time in Dorian's life, his voice carried none of the warmth that normally rested within it.

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:01 pm

OOC: Guys let's not notice Shiarra's missing for a while due to the semichaos and stuff I'll tell you when you can do that

IC: Maglod slowly drew both of his weapons, his Galil in his left hand, and his falchion in his right.

"I have nothing against the idea," he spoke, in a calm, controlled voice. "Let's go, guys."
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:38 pm

They were at the Shaddix residence in ten minutes. Enrico threw the door open, revealing a site which awed Em and Claire, who were new to the site, but to the rest of the group, it just felt like home.

Casa Shaddix resembled the best of Gothic architecture mixed with an almost cyberpunk setting. Armories, studies, modern kitchens, and mega-fast and mega-huge laptops and big screen TVs sat everywhere, monitoring every major news channel.

It was still, after fifteen years and hundreds of parties, the coolest place Dorian had ever been.

"Your room," Enrico said, "and let's get there quick."

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:48 pm

IC: Maglod wished he had a few seconds later to check out the electronics. All the time he was here, it never ceased to amaze him.

He, of course, didn't show it, as the memories of his recent arguments gradually disappeared into the back of his mind, and his typical grim tone appeared again in his features.

Also in the depths of his mind, he had to admit to himself, as he followed Dorian and Enrico, he realized he was worrying. What was going on here?
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:56 pm

Dorian finally found himself in his room, and he felt a profound pang as he realized that he no longer lived here, even though it was always open to him. Priceless works of art by artists like Warhol, Picasso, and several others hung from the deep purple walls, which were adorned with song quotes scrawled in Dorian's handwriting across all four of them. On one wall, there was a collection of guitars autographed by artists from the likes of Led Zeppelin members to The Ramones to even modern day metal artists. A 54 inch flat screen rested on another wall right above a large bed, and beside it sat a dresser with a minifridge and microwave built into it.

Enrico walked over to the minifridge and punched in a code, tossing Dorian, Mag, and Jolek one Mike's Hard Lemonade each. At Dorian's raised eyebrow, Enrico smirked.

"I'm offended you didn't think I could crack that shitty four-digit code of yours, kid."

Then his expression turned serious.

"So, explain to me what's happened today."

-Spawn

Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 pm

IC: Maglod threw a glance at the works of art with Dorian's graffiti all over them, and opened his mouth to speak.

"Well, everything began when I fell asleep during swordfighting..."
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:12 pm

IC:

"No, it started during first period. We were all fucking around instead of learning Teandillic, and I accidentally threw a textbook into my teacher's nuts with my mind. Then Jolek and I started pencilfighting without me actually holding a pencil, and I went to music class, where I met Em."

Enrico's gaze flashed to the young girl standing behind Dorian, looking her up and down for a moment, and then flashed to Claire, who was standing behind Jolek in a similar fashion. His eyebrow raised a fraction of a centimeter and then focused on his young son.

"Then, we went to Chemistry, where we ordered the pizzas from you. I was actually kind of amazed that you got there so fast..."

Enrico held up a hand.

"Subconscious control. I knew you wanted the pizzas about fifteen minutes earlier, so I had just finished baking them when you called. You've been summoning people with your mind all day. That's probably how she," he said, pointing at Em, "found you. You wanted her to come to you so you could talk."

Dorian ran his hands through his hair and then continued. "Then I went to PE, skipping Journalism, because-"

"You skipped class?"

"Minton."

Enrico had been educated by Minton his senior year of high school, and he began to laugh heartily. It was an Enrico laugh, through and through.

"I got you," he said, sipping his drink and setting it on the table.

"Then I got pulled into a fight club, and we found Mag sleeping. He had some kind of a dream about his father, and I was about to walk away when I saw this vision. I...I came to find you, and then you showed up."

Enrico's eyes grew wide, and there was fear inside them.

Two Shaddix's were afraid in one day. Shit was gonna go down.

"What kind of...vision?"

Dorian explained the dreams to him, and Enrico's dark features grew paler with each word.

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:14 pm

IC: Maglod averted everyone's gazes, though he was rather certain there were none. He averted them anyway.

He didn't want anyone to see how he simply could not develop any belief in most of this.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:16 pm

IC:

"Alright. It's time you finally figured out the truth. This mainly concerns you, Dorian, although Jolek is involved, too."

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:44 pm

IC: "Involved?" Jolek asked, as he gripped his longsword.

"In what? Does this have somethin' to do with my parents' time in the military?" he asked, in an even, yet suspicious tone.

"Your parents are-?"

"Both honorably discharged after twenty-odd years of service." Jolek said, glancing at her before meeting Enrico's gaze once more.

"So, I know they've both been hiding some things from me. Would this have anything to do with it? Someone in his immediate family served as well, didn't they? Me and Dad've both seen him shoot. The way he goes about it suggests military training, albiet we know he wasn't drafted, being too young. So the only logical explanation is that he was trained by someone who's recieved first-hand training and decided to pass it on to him." Jolek said, awaiting the response to his deductions.

OOC: observant jolek is observant
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:20 pm

IC:

"Spot on, Jolek," he said, followed by a sigh.

"What do you know abou the WARLOCK program? I know you don't know, Dorian, this is a question for Jolek."

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:32 pm

IC: "Not much," Jolek admitted with a sigh, rubbing his temples as he began to conjure up whatever he could.

"The WARLOCK Program was a government funded project for producing super-soldiers. The details are a pretty hazy and kept pretty secretive, but from what I've heard, the idea was to genetically modify human beings, and expose them to some sort of odd radiation which became infused into their cells. The result were warriors that, while still as physically capable as the known upper limits for a human, were also powerful mages and Psychics, far beyond anyone else in their capabilities."

He glanced up at the elder Shaddix, awaiting the reply.

"Sounds like something you'd find in Final Fantasy..." Claire muttered under her breath.

"Yeah, sounds like the concept was taken straight outta Crisis Core, eh?" Jolek laughed, flashing her an approving grin before returning to his "srs bsns mode".
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:16 am

IC:

Enrico cocked an eyebrow at Jolek and opened his mouth to say something, but thought better of it.

"Here, Dorian. Throw me that drink using your mind."

Dorian concentrated and tossed the drink to Enrico without using his hands, only to watch it turn around mid-spin and sling right back into his hand.

He looked up at Enrico, who was clearly starting to enjoy himself.

"Try and make me punch myself in the face."

Dorian pushed into his father's thoughts, a little angry now, and concentrated, only to find his fist swinging towards his head. It stopped a hair's length away from his cheekbone.

"What I did there," Enrico said, "was threw up a mental shield, which drove your attack back on you. You're good, especially considering it's only your first day, but I have years of practice and WARLOCK training on my side."

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. For a moment, he resembled a thirty-year old Dorian, and for the first time, Dorian saw just how well aging could turn out for you.

"The four of us, me, your mother, and Jolek's parents, were all part of the first generation of the WARLOCK program. The project was held off for about ten years, until we could see how well the second generation developed."

He looked at the two best friends before him for scanning his eyes to the rest of the room.

"You and Jolek, namely. Of course, there are others, all around the world, monitored just as you two are, but seeing as the four of us were the greatest of the first generation, you two were watched with a slightly higher level of anticipation."

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:07 am

IC: "I suppose that my parents are part of a more physically-inclined branch of the program, seeing as I have none of these mental capabilities? Or am I just a late bloomer?" Jolek asked.

Last edited by The Stalwart Gentleman on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:41 pm

IC: Maglod watched this whole scene, torn apart by conflicting emotions of disbelief, confusion, fear, and the sudden need to eat.

Plus, he slowly began to be aware that something was not right.

... He couldn't quite place a finger on what it was, though. Something was missing.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:49 pm

IC: Jolek glanced around.

"Wait a minute. Where's Shiarra?"
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:56 pm

IC: Maglod opened his mouth. How could he be so stupid? He should've noticed she wasn't with them.

Thing is, he couldn't remember where she got herself to after they argued.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:00 pm

IC: "She's probably still at the gym. She either didn't follow us, or she's trailing behind." Claire guessed.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:04 pm

Dorian was too busy wrapped up in everything that had happened.

"So...the school is gonna blow."

Enrico nodded.

"Yes, and you should keep a good distance away as best as you can."

"What about you?"

A shrug.

"Enrico, you need to stay away from that school. I saw-"

"I'll be fine."

"Dad."

The room froze, along with Enrico's face.

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:07 pm

IC: "The school is gonna blow," Maglod murmured quietly. Then he did a sudden 180 turn, and ran as quickly as possible in the school's direction.

He wasn't sure if he believed it, but he wasn't going to place the life of his childhood friend on it.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next