The Fight Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

5 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club - Page 14 Empty The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

Post by Tyler Durden Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lolfirstposthurr.

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Duchampian Dadaist Philosophy Revivalist Trained in Post-Modern Antimetanarrative Thought
Duchampian Dadaist Philosophy Revivalist Trained in Post-Modern Antimetanarrative Thought

https://paper-street.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club - Page 14 Empty Re: The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

Post by Jetstream Sam Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:24 pm

IC: Jolek stopped, kneeling next to Claire's limp form.

Just unconcious. Didn't look like they'd be losing anyone else today. He breathed a mental sigh of relief. They'd lost too many as it was.

Effortlessly, he lifted the girl onto his shoulder, careful to not misjudge his strength and send her into the ceiling.

Grimly, he approached the others. He stopped, overlooking the dead body of the Shaddix patriarch.

The unique sound of bending metal resonated throughout the building, as Jolek semiconciously clenched his fist.

"Dammit," he growled, luminous green eyes full of grief and fury.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club - Page 14 Empty Re: The Absolutely Fantastic Fight Club

Post by Tyler Durden Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:46 pm

IC:

Finally, Dorian stopped, his arms and chest coated in his father's blood.

He stared at his father's body for a long time, and finally, the tears began to cease, replaced by fury.

"FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED? WHY THE FUCK DID THIS-"

His words choked, and his tears began to fall again.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?"

He fell to his knees, sobbing in pain.

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:12 pm

IC: Jolek was shocked at the fact that he had a strange urge to say: "He got shot, Dorian."

That'd be a dick move.

"Well," he said, glancing down at the head in his hands, now mangled by his grip.

"Now we know how to kill these things." he growled.

"Those...mother...fuckers." he said through clenched teeth, as he reflected on those they'd lost.

"They won't get away with this, I swear to god. They want war, we'll fucking give it to them."
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:14 pm

IC:

Dorian picked up Enrico's body, and, strangely, his father was a lot lighter than he had always assumed. The thought drove a cold chill through his body.

His father. Was. Past tense.

Gone.

"Casa Shaddix. Everyone."

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:24 pm

IC: 'Right." Jolek responded with a curt nod, kicking down the wreckage that previously blocked their exits.

He glanced over to the mangled metallic body.

"Dad'll probably want that." he muttered, trudging over and hoisting it over his shoulers, shifting Claire to his side, one arm wrapped around her waist.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:28 pm

IC: Dorian

They were there in ten minutes. Dorian's mother had been deployed by the army about five years ago and was considered missing in action, and he was an only child, so he was alone here. The house was his.

Somehow, he found no joy in that fact, even though he loved the house to death.

He laid Enrico down on one of the leather sofas and covered him with a blanket, then sat in an armchair and flipped on the TV. The news showed the school burning, and interviews with several people, people that he knew. There was the principal, there was Dom, there was Tomas from his music class...

Somehow, even though Dorian felt otherwise, not everyone had died.

They might as well have, though.

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:37 pm

IC: "Dammit."

"You got wind of what happened, didn't you?"

"I did. Can't believe it actually happened, though."

"Welcome to the club," Jolek sighed, opening the door and letting his father in.

Meanwhile, on one of the quite luxurious couches, a certain redhead stirred.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Dorian stood up and moved to embrace Jolek's father, who he had always been chill with.

"Good to see you, man."

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:04 pm

IC: "You too, kiddo." Jolek's father replied, returning the hug with his powerful arms.

"I'm sorry." he said, looking down at the young WARLOCK.
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:23 am

Dorian stared at his father's covered form for a long time.

"How did you know?"

-Spawn
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:15 pm

IC: The door to Maglod's flat slowly, dramatically slowly, echoing the pain of the halfelven's limp knee, veered open. His mother wasn't home, he knew. She wouldn't be back from work already.

He tried limping upstairs. Didn't make it. Was forced down, forced to sit down, less than a third of the way up.

"Dammit."

A single tear fell. For Shiarra.

A single tear fell. For Enrico.

And another two hundred for each.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Nerevarine, Incarnate And Hortator; Lord Indoril Nerevar Reborn, Protector of Morrowind
Nerevarine, Incarnate And Hortator; Lord Indoril Nerevar Reborn, Protector of Morrowind

Location : Indarys Manor, Bal Isra, Vvardenfell District, Morrowind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetstream Sam Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 am

IC: "Simple," rumbled the larger man.

"He told me."

--Meanwhile--

Claire rose, rubbing her eyes clear to identify the dark colored mass seated next to her.

"Finally awake, huh?" he asked in a low, downtrodden voice.

"Yeah..." she replied, equally shocked and depressed.

"It's just... it's just so hard to comprehend..." she mumbled numbly, turning her gaze upon Jolek.

He sat upon the couch leaned forward, elbows on his knees and hands clasped on his brow, obscuring a grief-stricken face.

"Yeah... over two hundred just gone...in the blink of an eye..." he choked out.

It wasn't long before ragged breaths emanated from both, as he fought back tears and she let them flow freely.

"Damn it..." he growled, wrapping one powerful arm around her in a comforting gesture. "Damn it all."
Jetstream Sam
Jetstream Sam
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:10 am

IC:

Dorian sighed and sat down on a free couch. He stared at the TV blankly for a few minutes not absorbing anything. He felt small. So, so, so small.

Em was there, somewhere, crouched into one of the leather armchairs in a sort of ball. Just today, they had met...

Jolek was there, comforting Claire, and Jolek's father was perched near the dead body of his own. There was a pair missing.

Mag and Shiarra.

Shiarra, killed in the blast.

Mag...who the fuck even knew at this point.

Finally, after about an hour, he spoke, and his voice was hoarse with emotion and hatred.

"You saved some of the robot, right?" he asked Jolek in a bitter whisper.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:36 pm

OOC: A WILD TIMESKIP APPEARS
------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: A good year ago, Maglod would've been quietly sitting in his seat, playing some game on his laptop and pretending he was not half-nervously observing the door and waiting for Shiarra to come along, with her perfect, quite nonhuman figure and that beautiful hair of hers, and those sparkling eyes that he so stupidly pretended he did not see his own feelings toward her reflecting in.

Now, Maglod was sitting half-asleep, his head resting on his arm, that in turn rested on the table. He'd gotten over her in a year... mostly. Initially, he kept visiting their favourite places - the lakeside and the forest, and a little cafe and a big cinema downtown - all the places they used to go to together as something of a ritual, almost everyday. That way, he kept his mind cool... and sane. Because there was nothing left of her, there was no way to make her a grave, and because there was no grave, he could not go weep by it to rue his own mistakes. Now, he visited those places not everyday. Just every second week or so, and mostly out of more habit than a need to keep himself sane.

Whatever the case... today, he'd see his old pals again. It felt strange to be drawn back into normality. So strange he completely ignored something he'd earlier have used his weapons to remove from existence: fangirls. However, with him not paying them any attention at all, most of them just retreated. Slowly, reluctantly, and quite a huge gathering was still round him, but he simply did not hear them, or see them, or acknowledge them. The only girl that ever mattered to him, save his own mother, was dead.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:40 pm

IC: Em

Em walked in and took a seat: it was very clear that she had been crying often over the course of the last year, because her eyes were rimmed with red and there were deep purple bags underneath them.

"Hi, Mag," she said, weakly mustering a smile. "Have you...um...seen Dorian?I wanted to know if he'd been in touch with you..."
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:44 pm

IC: "No, sorry, Em. Haven't heard from him... in a long time. Probably longer than you..."

The way Em was right now, he felt as if his words were too sharp, too brutal, too unkind, although they altogether weren't, nor were they intended to be. "Sorry, Em. I've been... distracted."

He felt rather helpless. His own pain had led him to have greater consideration for that of others, so he wanted to say something that would help her calm down, to stop that pain. For whatever it was, he knew, he could sympathise.

"Em, what's wrong? I've never seen you like this."
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:51 pm

IC: Em

"He just...disappeared," she said, her voice slightly shaky. "Everyone I've talked to last saw him at the funeral last year."

Suddenly, with only a split second's worth of warning, she was crying, and her head was leaning on Mag's shoulder.

"I just don't know, Mag! All the rumors I've heard...I heard he went back to Earth, because apparently he was staying at London in Enrico's old house, I heard he was conscripted to fight in the Lunar Wars, I heard he even got himself killed a couple months ago while he was trying to use his WARLOCK powers..."
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:56 pm

IC: "If you're still getting rumors about him, that means he's either alive or it's a whole other Dorian they're talking about."

Again, what he said seemed too blunt, too cold. He put a hand gently on her forehead. What was happening right now was a rather awkward situation, no doubt, but he'd been in worse.

"I'm sure he's fine, Em. Don't worry about it. Realistically, what I'd worry about is..."

There, he shut up. Abruptly. He was not going to go there. Sure, Dorian might've... Dorian, out of their whole gang, was the most likely to do so... but there must've been some other reason. It couldn't have been that. Or at least, Maglod thought, looking at this fragile young girl, if it was indeed that then his old friend'd better prepare his WARLOCK @#!*% up for a big onslaught of reprimandings in the greatest Maglod fashion.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:07 pm

It started small at first. A small murmur ran through the classroom, which quickly expanded into excited whispering. Finally, the door swung open of its own accord, and Dorian walked through the room. But it wasn't the same Dorian.

Where the old Dorian had put as much effort into trying to stay out of the way of fangirls, this was a man who wanted to be remembered, but looked as though he felt he had gone too far to achieve his goal. One eye was no longer a cool shade of iridescent blue, but a deep, crimson red, as if someone had replaced the iris but left the rest of his eye intact. His right hand had a purple mark branded on it, the symbol looking vaguely familiar yet oddly and sinisterly alien. Changed most of all was his face: his light, natural, Italian tan was still there, but the skin seemed to have paled, as though he had encountered things no sapient being could even imagine without losing their sanity.

The class stared at him for a couple moments, mouths agape, before Dorian motioned slightly with his hand and the room unfroze. He took a seat beside Mag and squeezed the hand of Em, who was sitting in front of the pair.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:16 pm

IC: "Aell'ahn," Maglod decided to test his friend's memory of Teandilic, in particular because few other people spoke it here properly, and Em wasn't one of them. "Dorian, iarthas aep Em. Arain'e ae. Dorian, go sit by Em. She needs it."
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:23 pm

IC:

Dorian nodded wordlessly and moved up a seat to sit beside Em.

"What did he say to you?"

"He wanted to know if I had done the summer project," he replied with a small smirk. "He should have already known the answer."

His voice was hoarse as he began to talk, as if he hadn't used it in months, but as he spoke, his voice slowly began to slip into its natural, beautiful tone again.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovydas the Nerevarine Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:32 pm

IC: Maglod wanted to spit on himself. Why did he meddle? In the long run, what would this change? Even more, he wanted to spit on himself for daring ask such questions. He made two people at least a slight bit happier. At least someone had to be happy. He couldn't. He could make sure other people were, though.

With that finite end to his philosophising, he looked outside the window. Jolek better'd have shown up soon or he'd shoot someone. For all he cared, he'd made a third seat by himself for Claire as long as he wouldn't have needed to sit alone right now. He was alone, alone with Shiarra, who had engulfed all his thoughts and feelings, or rather, without her, for a whole year.
Dovydas the Nerevarine
Dovydas the Nerevarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Christie Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:17 pm

IC
Time: 0855

Kane Furrows was late.

He hadn't partied all night. He hadn't even been stuck looking up viral videos on YouTube. He had gone to bed at nine PM and set his alarm for six AM, a respectable time of the morning to prepare for class.

The only problem? His power went out, his alarm clock reset, and so only Kane's instincts woke him up at eight-twenty-two, just enough time to get dressed, eat a bagel, and run out the front door whilst forgoing Aunt Amanda's goodbye hug.

Those things happened in the household of Amanda Furrows, Kane's late mother's sister. Aunt Amanda wasn't about to leave her old house, no sir, not even if a tornado bore down upon the town. She was a woman, and women, said she, weren't the done-up supermodels in movies and TV; they could be just as stubborn as any man, and Aunt Amanda was dead-set on proving that idea right. Her plumbing had problems, the house's wiring was incredibly faulty, and the wooden floorboards creaked, sometimes dangerously loud; yet she remained stolidly preparing breakfast every morning an hour after Kane awakened and stolidly awaiting Kane's return every afternoon.

At least the sun was shining today. And listening to "United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)" by Muse on his MP3 Player could make any day seem better.

The piano melody at the end had faded off into silence by the time Kane stepped through the high school's front door. Yanking his headphones out of his ears quickly enough that his ears stung, he stuffed them into his pocket, rounded a corner, ran down the gray hallway to the right room, double-checked the room number, and darted inside.

The door opened with a bang. Kane winced as he slipped between the aisles to the back of the room, noticing with burning face that a good few students -- not to mention the teacher -- were looking at him.

There weren't many open seats. Kane had slipped behind one desk and placed his backpack over his chair's back before he realized he was sitting next to a girl. He kept a straight face, though, trying to make sure he didn't look like he was staring. After all, she was looking at a handsome though worn-looking teen on her other side.
Chris Christie
Chris Christie
New Fighter
New Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:23 pm

IC:

Em turned and smiled brightly at the new kid.

"Hi," she said, waving at him vigorously (her mood had improved drastically with the sudden reappearance of Dorian.) "I'm Em. Anakin Skywalker over here is Dorian."

Dorian snorted in laughter and nodded, grinning barely at Kane.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Christie Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:32 pm

IC

Kane glanced over his shoulder, realized he was seated at the very edge of the classroom and so no one was beside him, and turned back to the girl, offering a weak smile that wavered between a passable attempt at appearing casual and a sick-looking expression. "Er, hi" -- he jerked his hand up and back down in a pale imitation of Em's bright greeting -- "I'm -- I'm Kane. Nice to, um, meet you two."

Inexplicably, his right index finger began tapping the cool wood of the desk.
Chris Christie
Chris Christie
New Fighter
New Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next